Hello — I’m an entrepreneur and musician living in Washington DC.
- Industry Arabic: A full service translation company. We only do Arabic to English and English to Arabic translation
- Translation Equipment HQ: An ecommerce store selling equipment for live, multi-language simultaneous interpretation
- switchTop: an ecommerce store selling parts for mechanical computer keyboards.
I’m Interested In
- Copywriting, Digital Marketing and eCommerce: I’m fascinated by the idea that putting the right words on a page can make the difference between someone going “meh” and clicking the back button, and someone deciding to take action.
- The Middle East: I speak Arabic (Masri, for the most part)and Persian (Farsi) and did a masters in Middle Eastern Studies at St. Antony’s College, Oxford. I’ve travelled extensively in the region (Iran, Lebanon, Syria, Morocco) and lived and worked in Egypt and Libya.
- Playing in Bands: I play guitar and tenor banjo. You can find me busking in Eastern Market on warm days in DC with the Capitol Hillbillies.
Who I Want To Connect With
If we have a common interest or think we’d have something to talk about I hope you’ll drop me a line. In particular I’m looking to connect with:
- Blues, Indie, Jazz, and Americana musicians in the Washington DC area
- Other entrepreneurs, copywriters, marketers
- Bloggers, authors, podcasters, scholars and people who love to read, write, and create
Contact Me At
Thanks for reading!
PS: The best brunch recipe in the world can be found here.